A position has become available for a Head of Flight Science, subject matter expert for our client in South Dublin.
As the Head of Flight Science, you will be responsible for leading as the subject matter expert for Flight sciences – aerodynamics, performance, stability, and flight controls.
- Manage the flight sciences team (including sub-contractors) – supervising, hiring, and mentoring.
- Lead the air vehicle sizing and preliminary design activities.
- Develop the air vehicle dynamics model (“6-DOF”) and performance model (“3-DOF”)
- Take a lead role in the design. Develop the flight sciences methodologies. Communicate and work with other departments to implement those methodologies.
- Own the aircraft performance, stability and control characteristics, and loads analysis. Communicate and allocate requirements to the other departments to meet the design goals
- 5 to 10 years of practical aviation industry experience in rotor dynamics and aerodynamics, rotorcrafts performance, and flight controls.
- Experience with aerodynamics analysis tools – empirical and computational methods (CFD)
- Experience in preliminary design and sizing of rotorcraft
- Comprehensive understanding of rotor aerodynamics, dynamics, and cyclic loads.
- Understanding of electric propulsion systems and propulsion as a flight-control effector
- Familiarization with flight control design standards (MIL-9490, ADS-33, etc.)
- Experience in certification and prior interactions with certification authorities
- Team-working attitude
- Degree in aerospace engineering
- Ability to work harmoniously in a high-performance team environment.
- Capability to operate in a collaborative and cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills