Junior Application Development Engineer with Ruby-on-Rails and Java development skills required by growing multinational in Limerick city. You will get the opportunity to develop skills in Web-based development, large scale IP networking, REST APIs, MQTT and innovative user UX/UI.
- Honours Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Electronic Engineering
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails application development (or equivalent technology stack)
- Experience in Web page design and creation for Ruby applications
- Experience in Linux/UNIX development environment including scripting and configuration
- Excellent programming skills and a solid grounding in the fundamentals of computer science
- Possess an understanding and an interest in UX technologies and networking concepts protocols, applications, and interfaces
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to cope with ambiguity and change
- Proven experience in the full software development cycle within a project-based environment
- Self-starter with excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience in working using Agile development methodologies
- Experience with C/C++ programming
- Commercial experience building and consuming REST APIs and/or MQTT.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar.
- Exposure to automated testing beneficial.
- Knowledge of relevant design patterns, especially MVC.
- Configuration Management tools: Chef, Puppet, Saltstack or Ansible.
- Creation of state-of-art solutions for management and control of large scale, network- based deployment using leading edge tools and technologies
- Participate in feature requirements definition – understanding customer needs and translating into powerful, scalable but easy-to-use solutions
- Problem isolation and fault finding
- Support test automation for developed features