Lead Applications Engineer with a background in mechanical / mechatronic engineering required for permanent role with multinational in Co. Kerry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in a mechanical design / mechatronic role
- Strong understanding of mechatronics / electronic design / mechanical design
- Strong understanding of product design concepts & processes (APQP)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong failure analysis and failure prevention skills
- Strong team and individual-based problem solving skills
- Proven record of competence in an engineering discipline
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland
- Supervisory / management experience
- Degree / experience in mechatronics is preferable
- A Master’s degree in a Technical field is preferred.
- Serves as a key customer contact
- Provides engineering leadership to a small team of Engineering professionals
- Capable of guiding problem solving activities
- Responsible for recognizing the need for and initiating appropriate actions to assure positive customer relationship
- Attains project and management goals on time and within established budget
- Forecasts work activities for self and others
- Regularly interfaces with Manufacturing, Quality & Test Engineers and Program Management to address all aspects of product design and function and assure smooth production launch
- Provides follow-up to Application Engineering Manager of program activities related to release and production launch of product designs
- Creates, develops or adapts Product Design concepts based on internal standards, calculations, trial, measurements, bench tests, CAE simulations, process methods or inputs from customers
- Establishes interface with Customer for Product and Specifications definition.
- Coordinates the Planning and production of Prototype Samples
- Creates or participates on Product Engineering Standards releases
- Champions continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs, improve designs and increase productivity
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence