Linux IoT Embedded Engineer required by multinational Energy Management technology company in Limerick.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing multiple embedded systems that will be deployed in volume worldwide.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux.
- High competent with embedded systems.
- Needs to be familiar with many of the following: serial communication (RS232, RS485), TCP, IP, correct handling of embedded boards, I2C, GPIO, cellular communications, embedded Linux distros, board support packages, device drivers, custom Linux kernels, embedded controllers, resource constrained embedded devices.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Strong Python or Lua skills is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of at least some of the following IOT protocols/methodologies: MQTT, mbed, REST, CoAP, XMPP.
- Ability to use source control software like git.
- Develop, integrate and test embedded software that will run on our client’s embedded hardware platforms.
- Work with a range of stakeholders to ensure that the correct software features are developed and that the correct hardware decisions are made.
- Participate in all phases of the Application Development Lifecycle.
- Gain an understanding of the energy efficiency business and our customers concerns regarding energy and be capable of meaningfully contributing to discussions.
- Be prepared to occasionally undertake international travel and visit customer sites to assist with deployments and to better understand customer requirements.
Our client offers great benefits such as: Flexible working conditions – work from home or office or hybrid option, competitive pay scale, regular salary/performance reviews, work with a small team, income Protection & Death in Service Benefits, 23 Days annual leave and more.
Please send your CV in confidence to email@example.com