Manufacturing Engineer – Kildare
Do you want to play a part in driving process improvements with a multinational whose products are used across the globe? This is an excellent opportunity to work on the manufacturing team of a company working on cutting-edge products.
- Improve manufacturing process in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- Ensure product and process quality by designing testing methodologies; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Work with the Engineering Development and customer facing teams to improve product reliability.
- Define and work within a New Product Introduction process with the Engineering Development.
- Qualify product upgrades with the Engineering Development teams.
- Review designs on the basis of standardisation and value engineering to reduce component, build and process costs.
- Prepare documentation for processes and engineering procedures.
- Develop manufacturing work instructions, process flow diagrams, procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Update manufacturing procedures, specs as required through ECO process.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems.
- Improve manufacturing processes by studying product requirements.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and quality requirements.
- Resolve quality and technical issues.
- Compile and report KPI metrics for management review.
- Plan, lead, and manage execution of project activities within a cross functional team.
Utilise continuous improvement methodologies (lean, six sigma) to deliver sustainable process improvements.
- BSc. in Mechanical, Electronic, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering.
- MSc. and demonstrable CPD advantageous.
- 5+ years relevant experience.
- Experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques.Green Belt or Black Belt certification advantageous.
- Jigs & Fixtures design and maintenance experience advantageous.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Computer Skills – SolidWorks, MS Excel, MS Access, MS outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Project and ERP skills.
- Experience in Python or Java advantageous.
- Experience in analysing process capabilities and developing product development plans and process improvement plans.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence