Manufacturing Engineer – Galway
An experienced Manufacturing Engineer with prior experience in a highly regulated industry is required for a permanent role in a medical device multinational based in Galway.
- Provide support to manufacturing operations through daily collaboration with
with cross-functional colleagues.
- Identify and implement manufacturing projects which improve product quality, reduce lead times and reduce costs.
- Deploy the principles of lean and six sigma in identifying and implementing the
optimum areas for improvement.
- Assist New Product Introduction (NPI) teams with key input into design-for manufacturing.
- Key member of PFMEA-generation workshops.
- Ownership of IQ, OQ, PQ protocol-generation, execution and reporting.
- Maintain, update and review manufacturing, quality and engineering-related
- Assist with training of product builder staff on key operational tasks.
- Enjoy a multi-departmental approach to problem-solving.
- Perform facility-based EH&S, layout or energy-savings projects.
- Overseeing the maintenance and calibration of critical equipment-systems.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- BSc. in manufacturing engineering, biomedical engineering, quality engineering, or related.
- 3+ years experience.
- Strong familiarity with FDA GMP/QSR; ISO 13485 and medical standards.
- Experience of transferring products from design into commercial-manufacturing.
- Solid knowledge of PFMEA development, IQ/OQ/PQ validation.
- Possess strong analytical skills, with a hands-on approach.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Emer Smith to discuss in confidence