Manufacturing Engineer (Automotive) is required to lead in Lean Manufacturing methodologies and continuous product improvement across the board by growing IoT multinational in Galway.
You will join a dynamic and diverse team to provide technical expertise in heavy automotive manufacturing reporting to Senior Management.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Lean Manufacturing and comes in with a fresh mindset, new ideas and an approach to best practise in the manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an Engineering discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in an Engineering environment.
- Competent with Design for manufacturing, PFMEA, Rapid proto-typing, 3P, Pro-E ; Process simulation Line methodologies.
- Proven experience using 9 Step Problem Solving A3 technique to resolve value stream issues.
- Competency building best in class processes.
- Excellent negotiator and networker who builds relationships within & outside own workgroup, stakeholders, etc.
- Competent building trust within the team and cross-functional engagement.
- Experienced building project portfolios and project execution in series and in a timely manner.
- Great attention to detail and effective execution of projects.
- Excellent communicator who is able to build cross functional awareness and clearly communicates project team expectations.
- Self motivated individual who takes total ownership and works independently.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives within the plant to improve the competitiveness of the transport business.
- Map out future engineering value-adding developments and initiatives using lean methodologies that will sustain; promote and advance the competitive edge of our processes/ products in a global market.
- Identify health and safety risks in manufacturing and achieve world class premier performances.
- Critically prepares and evaluates information to generate innovative solutions.
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering leadership/ support for the manufacture of automotive new product releases to world-class standards ensuring that products are built in the safest and most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Co-ordinate and accelerate the implementation of new engineering changes – both product and process – into the plant and implement advanced manufacturing processes for existing products, including identifying Automation potential within the value streams.
- Collaborate with supply management, production, quality, supply chain and the design engineering teams to ensure that the manufacturing engineering function is supporting the development of new and world class products.
- Build relationships with the value stream assembly team ensuring al employee ideas and concerns are brought to resolution in a timely manner.
- Lead in Design for manufacturing, PFMEA, Rapid proto-typing, 3P, Pro-E ; Process simulation Line balancing and project management.
- Utilise 9 Step Problem Solving A3 technique to resolve value stream issues.
- Act as a resource, providing timely long term engineering solutions, while soliciting the ideas of others and using all available re-sources in the process.
- Possess a proven track record in driving continuous improvement and a passion for new technologies / automation / process control.
Our client offers great benefits such as Healthcare for employee, spouse & dependents, Bonus, Pension and more.
Send your CV in confidence to email@example.com