Manufacturing Engineer required by IoT multinational based in Dublin. You will contribute to the development of the Manufacturing Engineering function in our IoT division, help to maintain ISO accreditations and to help with the achievement of further ISO accreditations such as ISO18650 for Automotive and ISO13485 for medical device manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Manufacturing/Mechatronic Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3+ years of related industry experience.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in designing factory test fixtures for low, medium and high volume products.
- Hands-on troubleshooting on embedded hardware target boards.
- Managing BOM’s and all aspects of transferring a design from development to Manufacture.
- Proficient in reading hardware schematics and in the use of test equipment.
- Proficient in the use of mechanical CAD packages such as SolidWorks and Autodesk Fusion.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to build strong relationships over the phone and via email.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, ability to multitask and must thrive under pressure.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team. Contributes and adds to a team orientated company ethic.
- Ability to propose solutions to issues.
- Persistence and dedication to improving processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of PC and related technology and Proficient user of Microsoft Office products including excel and word.
- Work in a collaborative manner with all colleagues and be a champion for Design Quality Engineering.
- Actively work on NPI process for volume production including devising appropriate testing methodologies for hardware and products.
- Become proficient in risk management strategies such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to enable identification of high risk items and ensure that the process required to mitigate these risks are identified and in place prior to main production.
- Contribute to the definition and validation of all test hardware and software systems and ensure that these are fit for purpose to ensure our partner EMS/CM’s can build, test and validate our IoT products independently.
- Own the implementation of proven test systems into EMS/CM’s and act as point of contact for engineering.
- Architect and direct the specification of any test software required for testing devices in manufacturing.
- Own the preparation and maintenance for all product test and assembly procedures.
- Work with the hardware design team on the preparation and maintenance of product Bill of Materials.
- Implement a continuous process for EOL components to highlight in advance, to include testing of alternative components to approve them for use.
- Researching and implementing opportunities to make processes more efficient.
- Actively work to debug issues in manufacture and control all changes through ECO and other process controls
- Work with all stakeholders to achieve NPI Pricing targets.
- Support Supply Chain team in specific sourcing work involving critical costs and engineering considerations; including analysis and trade-offs of functionality versus cost.