Materials Technician with experience using equipment in a laboratory or experimental testing environment required to carry out metallurgical testing with medical devices multinational in Galway. Working with a market-leading manufacturer of medical devices for global markets, you will set up new & existing tests to monitor material performance and carry out TMV & Gauge R&D studies on test equipment. My client offers family health insurance, pension, annual bonus, life assurance, DIS, PHI, educational support and flexitime.
- Planning and executing material surveillance testing
- Carrying our sample preparation as well as developing techniques.
- Develop and release procedures for test equipment
- Develop maintenance and calibration methods for material test equipment
- Cross functionally support project teams for material investigations
- Third level qualification in Engineering (ideally Materials Engineering or Science)
- Experience using equipment in a laboratory environment or experimental testing environment
- Experience in conventional material analysis techniques
- Ability to write and present concise technical reports
- Knowledge in advanced material analysis techniques such as SEM/EDX, and XRD advantageous
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence