Mechanical Design Engineer with 5+ years mechanical design experience required for permanent role in Co. Cork.
- Design bespoke machinery and robotic systems.
- Specify mechanical requirements to achieve design intent.
- Supervise the manufacture and assembly of machinery and robotic systems to specified mechanical requirements ensuring quality in accordance with an ISO 9001:2015 QMS and customer satisfaction.
- Generate necessary design drawings and specifications for customer approval, manufacture and assembly.
- Assist in the sourcing and supervision of suppliers of machinery components, custom parts and machine sub-assemblies.
- Test and Commission mechanical systems.
- Create and execute FAT and SAT protocols ensuring compliance with customer requirements.
- Undertake Safety Validation protocols.
- Ensure that all critical technical files, maintenance routines, procedures and drawings are generated and that correct handover of these occur at the end of the project.
- Continuously enhance, refine and develop our mechanical design templates, reports, tools and methodologies.
- Identify and respond to opportunities to drive innovation and efficiencies in the execution of mechanical machinery and robotic systems projects.
- A mechanical engineering degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ design of bespoke machinery and robotic systems in the Medical Devices, Healthcare, Food and Beverage or similar industries.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Excellent knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Strong knowledge of PLC, servo drives and machine control systems.
- Experience working in a regulated environment with adherence to ISO 9001:2015 or similar standards.
- A strong team player with an ability to work to strict deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will be able to show a strong aptitude for problem solving, be pro-active and be able to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence