Senior Mechanical Design Engineer required by market-leading IoT multinational in Galway city to lead and support the 3D printing systems from concept through to final design.
Working within an experienced & collaborative cross-functional team of engineers, you will be a key part of the automation team, building turnkey automated systems. You must be available to work on-site.
- Bachelor’s Degree, level qualification or equivalent in Mechanical engineering, or similar.
- 5 years’ experience in an automated environment with a proven track record of success.
- CAD and 3D modelling skills using Creo, Solidworks or similar.
- Experience with industrial robots.
- 3D printing experience and knowledge to DFAM.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications.
- Have a proven track record in driving continuous improvement and a passion for new technologies in automation.
- Operational experience using CNC machining centres desired but not essential.
- Be a key part of the automation team, building turnkey automated systems, utilising our onsite Automation Centre to prove out concepts for project deployment.
- Concept and design automated solutions suitable for a production environment through 3D modelling and 2D CAD.
- Lead and support the 3D printing systems for concept gripper tooling trials through to final design using a DFAM process.
- Produce tolerance and dimensioned manufacturing drawing and system layouts.
- Manage and produce contract specifications for suppliers and contractors to quote and work from.
- Develop innovative solutions for automation problems and shows problem solving abilities.
- Ensure compliance with and maintenance of SOP’s and technical documentation.
- Communicate clearly with the project team, demonstrates conflict resolution skills, and collaborate with multiple internal and external partners.