Mechanical Design Engineer required to work on R&D Products by automotive multinational in Dundalk.
The successful professional will be responsible for the design and development of new and existing machines within Engineering Office Procedures and Standards, design and develop solutions to design problems or product improvements and identify potential opportunities for component redesign which will result the reduction of overall manufacturing and testing costs.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- At least 7 years design experience in a manufacturing environment using a 3D CAD package.
- A minimum of 5 years designing steel structures and mechanical assemblies, in particular with sheet metal design.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with a PDM/ERP system.
- Experience with Creo Parametric.
- Experience with FEA structural analysis.
- Understanding of electrical circuits on mobile equipment.
- Engine and drivetrain and hydraulic experience.
- Experience working on mobile equipment.
- Competent user of all Microsoft Office programs excel, word and PowerPoint (or Google equivalents).
- Motivated self-starter with good time management and an interest to learn.
- Excellent attention to detail and methodical manner.
- Good communicator, ability to interact with customers and suppliers.
- Carry out design work as required on NPD (New Product Development), ECO (Engineering Change Orders) and EWR (Engineering Work Requests)
- Create detailed drawings for designs including Weld and General Assemblies.
- Create BOM (Bill of Material) data for all fabrications and assemblies designed.
- Responsible for own safety and should be aware of the safety of others.
- Responsible to make employer aware of any unsafe areas, acts or equipment.
Please send CV in confidence to email@example.com