Mechanical Design Engineer with experience designing consumer electronics or medical devices using plastics & electro-mechanical components, required for permanent role with growing Irish R&D company in Co. Clare
- Provide detailed working drawings so that equipment can be fabricated in-house or through use of external vendors as appropriate
- Works closely with machine builders during the build phase to ensure all drawings are accurate and up to date
- Assist in creating a detailed equipment documentation package
- Responsible for ensuring that design project timelines and targets are achieved
- Engineering Qualification to level 7 or 8
- 3-5 years mechanical drawing/design experience.
- Experience in the design constraints of working with plactics and electro-mechanical devices – structure / strength (impact tests, etc.).
- Experience in consumer electronics design or medical devices design (incorporating electro-mechanical / plastic components) ideal
- Experienced in the use of both 2D Autocad & 3D CAD modelling (Solidworks preferred)
- Ability to generate detailed engineering drawings in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail and working to high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence