Mechanical Design Engineer with 2+ years experience required for a permanent role with dynamic multinational in the Northeast. The successful candidate will work as part of a technical team testing new concepts in mechanical design of products.
- Detailed 3-D mechanical design using CREO Parametric 4.0.
- Producing detailed technical drawings.
- Design, set up and execution of product tests/test facilities.
- Managing of technical documents.
- Supporting the product development team.
- Prototype build and test.
- Project timetable adherence.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers on technical issue.
- Provide support to manufacturing facility.
- Redevelopment and troubleshooting of existing product ranges.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance.
- Become competent with product approvals and relevant standards.
- BSc. in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in product design and development in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Thermodynamics and heat transfer technology
- Experience of plastic part and tool design
- Experience of sheet metal design
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with good initiative and energy
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to engage effectively at all levels
- Have extensive knowledge of 3D CAD and Microsoft Office
Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Proactive approach to work, delivering results within tight timescales
- Strong attention to detail and a drive to learn and develop
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Some travel may be required
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence