Mechanical Design Manager with 5+yrs experience in a Leadership role within Mechanical Design required multinational in County Kerry.
You will play a key role in a team of cross-functional engineers and act as a leader in product quality, design and solving complex issues as they arise.
Only candidates who hold full working rights in Ireland or the European Union without sponsorship from an employer will be considered at this stage.
- Degree (Level 8) or higher in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, etc.)
- At least of 5 years of previous experience in a leadership role.
- Strong leadership skill required to challenge the status quo and adapt new technologies and techniques.
- Project management experience
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Carry out the development and layout of design solutions for products and their components.
- Highly knowledgeable with all aspects of heavy industrial machinery design and incorporate within the design all applicable standards and codes.
- Coordinate the development and improvement of our client’s product and component design with respect to appearance, cost, reliability, functionality and durability.
- Development of technical specifications in compliance with client requirements.
- Liaise with other departments, sister companies, subcontractors etc. to optimize product design.
- Set targets for, evaluate, identify training needs and manage the performance, development and discipline of personnel within the department.
- Liaise with clients, clients project management and other disciplines ensuring the highest level of service.
- Collaborate with Machine safety & Documentation department to ensure compliance with regulatory (Machinery Directive) and for the preparation of manuals.
- Liaise with Research & Development Dept. on topics such as new materials, technologies, systems and manufacturing processes to enhance our client’s final products.
- Resolve design related manufacturing /commissioning issues as required.
- Apply innovative engineering methods to deliver the most effective designs and solutions.
- Present fully detailed technical and costed evaluation, new or modified solutions and proposals.
- Participate in the review of customer tenders and the preparation of quotations.
- Lead and develop a team of engineers.
- Travel abroad as and when required.
- Visit sites occasionally as requested by management to improve the knowledge and understanding of our client’s products
Our client offers competitive salary, pension scheme, training and development opportunities, subsidised canteen, retailer discounts, cycle to work scheme and more.
Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org