Mechanical Engineer is required to provide design and technical expertise on innovative devices by global leading medical technology client in Dublin.
You will be part of a multicultural, dynamic team of engineers in a collaborative environment where you will be a key contributor to the design, maintenance and technical support for our client’s manufacturing equipment.
- Carry out complete mechanical system design solutions to improve product performance and reliability including all verification and validation activities.
- Integrate electromechanical sub-assemblies into complex systems which may include fluidics, optics, sensing, electronics and software elements
- Support initiatives from design through to maturation of product and process.
- Be familiar with Product Lifecycle Management control systems for configuration control.
- Be a problem solver with a structured analytical approach.
- Level 8 Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation or similar discipline.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- CAD design experience.
- A true leader who is eager and passionate in developing and delivering solutions in close collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Someone who takes ownership, accountability, and responsibility with task at hand.
- An excellent team player who knows how to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal skills are a must.
These would be a plus to have:
- Competency with simulation packages (CFD, FEA etc.) to enable accurate modelling and characterisation in accelerating design maturity to deliver reliable robust solutions would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of GD&T and applicable standards.
- Practical experience of supplier or manufacturing fabrication processes (e.g. moulding, machining, casting, coating).
- Knowledge of material properties to support design choices.
- Experience of the Machinery Directive, CE Marking and other relevant safety standards.
Our client offers great work benefits such as Bonus scheme, Life assurance, subsidised canteen, parking and more.
Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org