Mechanical Solution Design Engineer required to join our clients Design & Commissioning Team to identify energy-saving solutions for clients in the food & beverage processing sectors
This is a great opportunity for an Engineer to join a team of like-minded individuals and a company collectively focussed on delivering substantial energy saving projects and to help high-profile clients achieve their short and long term goals for carbon reduction. The candidate will be joining a team of world-recognized experts in energy minimization, process improvement, data analysis and modelling.
This role will involve travel to global client sites (20%)
- Minimum Bachelor of Engineering or Science Degree in Energy, Mechanical, Process Engineering – or equivalent qualification deemed applicable to the role.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ proven experience working in a similar design engineering role
- Excellent Report Writing and Presentation Skills
- An excellent communicator and team player
- Ability to prioritize given tasks and manage workload across multiple client projects
- An inquisitive nature to drill down into details and apply logical reasoning to problems to develop solutions
Desirable Skills And Experience
- A passion for developing and delivering decarbonisation solutions
- Experience in the design of decarbonisation and energy efficiency projects
- Master qualification in an energy-related field of study
- Professional Accreditations such as Chartered Engineer or similar
- Specific experience in food & beverage manufacturing and industrial sites
- Designing hot water piping solutions for heat pump projects and other utilities as necessary
- Specifying major mechanical items such as pumps, control valves, isolation valves, tanks, etc. and working with our procurement team to obtain quotations from suppliers for the same
- Undertaking piping design calculations including flow and pressure loss calculations and piping supports
- Preparing piping drawings such as PFDs, Isometrics, General Arrangement and P&IDs
- Preparing cost estimates for new equipment and mechanical installation works for inclusion in project budgets
- Working with the wider team to develop tender specifications for mechanical works for pricing by 3rd party installation contractors
- Supporting project delivery on sites around Ireland, UK and Europe including attendance during the FEED, EDD, construction and commissioning stages
- Work with a wider cross-functional engineering and sales team to develop energy efficiency / savings solutions or Energy Conservation Measures across process, thermal, cooling, compressed air and water systems.
- Work with our in-house development team to build proposals for Energy Monitoring Systems to include new and existing energy meters and integrations with additional site information systems such as SCADA and stand-alone plant controllers.
- Liaise and build relationships with equipment suppliers and installation contractors to consult at various stages of the project life-cycle
- Contribute to Engineering Detailed Design activities and evaluate and implement designs to ensure that all regional, national and international regulations, standards and codes are being met throughout the project life cycle including generating major equipment specifications, design documentation, contractor scope of works, etc.
- Mentor Junior Solutions Engineers and quality check their output.