Modelling and Simulation Engineer with strong Matlab experience required by growing IoT multinational in Galway for on site role. You will be responsible for developing and leading test outcomes in controlled environments in pre-production and testing phases to assess product viability, safety and effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical engineering, Computer Sciences, Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Fluent in MATLAB and a variety of programming languages, software, and systems.
- Strong computing and scripting skills.
- Problem solver with demonstrated critical thinking and collaboration skills.
- Experienced working with Linux and other operating systems.
- AD and 3D modelling skills using Creo, Solidworks or similar.
- Experience with industrial robots.
- 3D printing experience and knowledge to DFAM.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications.
- Have a proven track record in driving continuous improvement and a passion for new technologies in automation, including virtual and augmented reality technology.
- Perform modelling, simulation, and analysis tasks assess product viability, effectiveness, and overall performance in controlled scenarios.
- Perform studies and simulation analysis with the objective of enhancing and optimizing system performance capabilities.
- Document the project approach, assumptions, study findings and recommendations through technical writing.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to gather necessary data and communicate intermediate and final results.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure the necessary details related to the process and the model are fully coordinated.
- Work with other engineers and analysts to develop new and/or integrate existing simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models.