New Product Development Engineer with experience in transferring electro-mechanical design to production, required by scaling Irish operation in Carlow. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced NPD Engineer to play an instrumental role in the delivery of prototype designs through to production.
S/he will develop detailed designs (mechanical drawings, fluidic diagrams, system assembly drawings) and draft test protocols. S/he will collaborate with R&D, Operations, Quality, Sales & Marketing & Purchasing. She will engage with suppliers & other external stakeholders. She will support change control, identify design improvments and support transfer to production.
- Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering
- Proven mechanical product design experience – from concept through to market delivery
- Experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in the delivery of design drawings (mechanical drawings, fluidic diagrams, system assembly drawings)
- Experience in DFX / DFM (design for manufacture)
- Must have an understanding of ‘New Product Development’ environment, with experience in transferring a prototype to production & full commercialisation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage stakeholders (internal & external) and communicate effectively with a multi-displinary team
- Leadership skills – ability to manage people & project
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence