NPI Buyer-Planner – You will play a key role in the continuous improvement of the production process of this leading Medical Device multinational
- Participate as a strong, contributing member of a cross-functional NPD team.
- Supplier selection in co-operation with relevant commodity management.
- Purchase order placement and expediting.
- Supplier management.
- Work closely with engineering and manufacturing to ensure the best suppliers and components are used.
- Prepare supply chain summary reports of the BOM.
- Place Purchase Orders with suppliers for material required.
- Procure materials for assigned departments.
- Source new raw materials / suppliers & manage the RFQ process.
- Maintain and develop MRP including the placement of purchase orders.
- Work closely with other members of the operations team to identify & minimise risks to supply chain.
- Develop and drive inventory reduction strategies and activities.
- Identify & implement cost reduction strategies with supplier base.
- Develop the weekly master production schedule utilizing SAP system.
- Agree production plans with production management.
- Review materials and capacity requirements for S&OP supply process.
- Liaise closely with relevant functions to ensure the planning and control process is supported.
- BSc. in a relevant discipline.
- 3+ years of purchasing and/or production planning experience.
- Working knowledge of MRP in SAP environment is desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of assembly & manufacturing processes.
- Ability to manage multiple orders in a fast-paced operation.
- Excellent proactive communication & organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines and follow-through.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence