Principal Embedded Software Engineer is required to provide top-quality technical expertise for next generation of Video conferencing solutions for global technology client in County Dublin. This is a full time remote working position with occasional site presence if required. To be considered all applicants MUST be based in the Republic of Ireland.
- Design and build unique capabilities to expand our client’s Android platform.
- Create innovative new features for our Next Generation video endpoints and conferencing solutions.
- Manage and expand relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Work in a very collaborative and agile team to build cool solutions.
- Review and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards.
- Give substantial feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provide domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Act as a guide and mentor to newer staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline.
- At least 10 years of Embedded Software experience.
- Minimum of 5 years or more of project management and team management experience.
- Proven experience with various software systems design tools and languages: C/C++, Python, Java.
- State of the art technical knowledge of complex software systems, including enterprise, middleware, firmware and embedded systems.
- Solid experience in software development, systems engineering, or software product management or electrical engineering.
- Experience in the overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into the overall architecture.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis and problem detection.
- Proactively and effectively collaborates across different departments within and outside the software engineering function.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Excellent communication, passion for learning and attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
An advantage to have:
- Experience in low-level embedded OS or Android OS.
- Experience in RTOS development.
- Knowledge of Android HAL or Linux OS.
Please send you CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org