Principal Materials Engineer with experienced in developing electroforming & mechanical forming processes required by growing medical devices multinational in Galway city
- Establishing experiments to understand performance effects from metallic material properties.
- Advancement of existing electroforming processes for the production of metallic wafers.
- Development and critique of DOE’s and validation plans for metallurgical processes.
- Identification and control of the input variables to produce the desired outputs.
- Work as part of a team around the development of joining processes.
- Investigation to determine reasons for performance outcomes.
- Leading problem solving initiatives to establish root cause and implementation solutions.
- Responsible for reporting validating solutions.
- Responsible for project management of material projects.
- Liaise with external bodies.
- Comply with medical quality standards.
- 10+ years’ experience in a Design and Process Development Metallurgical Environment.
- BSc. in Materials Engineering or Metallurgy.
- Familiar with SEM, XRD, XRF, ESD. EBSD, FIB and DSC equipment and techniques.
- Familiar with material characterisation techniques and metallic material failure mechanisms.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
- Experience of a regulated environment.
- Knowledge of additive and metal electroforming processes.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence