Principal Product Development Engineer with catheter development experience required by market leading Medical Device multinational based in Galway. You will lead the product development team to develop new catheter products & lead the R&D team to ensure the appropriate design technologies & test equipment are selected.
- Lead development process from concept generation through to design verification and transfer to manufacturing
- Drive project improvement using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, Six Sigma, etc.
- Ensure the application of new and existing technologies to provide the optimum delivery system design
- Customer Interface: provide project status updates, ensuring communication channels are open and clear and expectations are understood and managed
- Mentor, train and develop product development engineers
- Play a role in developing business by attending customer visits, developing proposals etc
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science
- 5-8 year industry experience in medical device product design & development
- Experience in catheter design & development
- Experience leading & mentoring product design engineers through design & manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to partner with customers, vendors, suppliers & cross-functional teams
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss this urgent requirement in confidence