Product Development Engineer – Galway
An exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to join a market leading Medical Device multinational to act as technical lead on prototype development.
- Lead project teams to deliver projects against agreed milestones.
- Influence the project scope, change request management and technically lead the respective projects.
- Responsible for the technical leadership and deliverables for the project.
- Communicate project status, performance and risks to the Projects group lead.
- Lead the service delivery requirements.
- Technically lead a small core team of Engineering resources.
- Responsible for customer interaction specific to the project.
- Drive project improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, Six Sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and manufacturing costs.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals.
- Participate and contribute to ongoing efficiency and improvement programs.
- BSc. or MSc. in Engineering / Science or similar technical field.
- 10+ years’ experience in medical devices.
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of Minimally Invasive Catheters, their construction and application.
- Previous experience working with customers & sales expectations.
- Ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong experience in the design of composite shafts and their manufacturing processes, including: Braiding, Coiling, welding, coating and Catheter assembly methods and others.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
- Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence