Product Development Engineer – Galway
An exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to join a market leading Medical Device multinational based in Galway.
- Coordinate and manage prototype builds across functional group and medical sites.
- Ensure all prototype builds have a clearly defined scope.
- Manage and execute right first-time process for all prototypes builds.
- Manage day to day equipment usage, track activity and identify areas for continuous improvements.
- Define and manage a system for prototype materials management.
- Use catheter design and simulation tools to optimize next generation product designs.
- Work closely with Project Lead and Prototype Group to develop, build and test next generation product demonstrators.
- Assist the Project Lead in the development of intellectual property.
- Implement leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- BSc. in Engineering or an equivalent.
- 3+ years’ industry experience in a medical product development environment.
- 3 years’ experience of medical device design development and experience of parallel design for manufacture.
- PMP qualification advantageous.
- Catheter manufacturing and materials knowledge.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience of compiling FMEA’s and conducting verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes.
- Experience with engineering tools, and ideally Minitab.
- Experience of development of test methods and associated product testing.
Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
- Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence