Product Development Engineer – Galway
An excellent opportunity for an ambitious engineer to take the next step in their career. The successful candidate must have some prior experience working with the Medical Device industry.
- Work on all elements of the Research & Development of projects from concept generation through to design freeze.
- Design of concepts and prototypes in advance of selecting the most promising solution to take into Design Freeze.
- Use catheter design and simulation tools to optimize next-generation product designs.
- Work closely with Project Lead and prototype group to develop, build and test next-generation product demonstrators.
- Work with both internal and external groups to explore new technologies.
- Identify new technology and process equipment, source and procure capital equipment, support installation, and lead qualification activities.
- Assist the Project Lead in the development of intellectual property.
- Implement leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Liaise with the customer to optimise product design.
- BSc. Engineering degree or equivalent.
- 1+ year’s industry experience in a medical product development environment.
- Demonstrate product design and development experience.
- Experience in compiling FMEA’s and conducting verifications and validations.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE and SPC, and ideally Minitab.
- Experience of development of test methods and associated product testing.
- Understanding of polymer materials and selection in medical device design advantaegous.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
- Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence