Project Automation Engineer with strong Project Automation Engineering experience & excellent communication skills required by multinational in Co. Kerry.
You will be responsible for engaging with clients, taking requirements & co-ordinating a cross-functional team of engineers to ensure the timely delivery of machinery automation solutions.
Travel to national & global sites will be required.
- Min Level 7 Degree in any of the following disciplines: Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering
- Experience working with an Electrical Design package such as eplan or Zuken E3
- Experience working with some communication systems such as Profinet, Ethernet, Modbus, Canbus or Interbus
- Experience interfacing with clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing)
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys
- SCADA systems development knowledge
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the PLC control and understanding of Performance Levels (PLr / SIL).
- Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions
- Ability to manage project requirements and schedules
- Willingness to travel internationally as required
- Ability to work at heights
- Analysis of customer requirements to identify project automation requirements
- Distinguish between project specific or new requirements and standard requirements
- Manage automation requirements and ensure all requirements are fulfilled
- Maintain / update project schedule to ensure the project is delivered on time
- Document automation functions and present to customers
- Design the automation support systems e.g. fibre and copper network infrastructure, PLC bus systems (Profinet, CANbus, Modbus, Interbus)
- Manage the integration of automation sub systems and solutions, to ensure overall automation function is delivered
- Co-ordinate a cross-functional team of electrical design engineers, software design engineers, commissioning engineers & the service department to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Create BOM’s for automation equipment