Project Engineer (Sustainable Energy) is required to develop and manage a variety of innovative energy projects by market-leading environmental client in County Cork.
The successful project engineer will join a team of like-minded individuals and a company that is collectively focused on delivering significant energy saving projects and assisting high-profile clients in meeting their short- and long-term carbon reduction goals. The candidate will be joining a team of experts in developing and delivering energy projects.
You will develop and manage a variety of innovative energy optimization projects as a member of our Operations team. This position is ideal for a project engineer interested in learning more about innovative energy reduction/carbon reduction projects being implemented in real-world applications, making a significant impact on the environment, and assisting clients and plants worldwide.
You will be supported by a team of subject matter experts in HVAC, boilers, chilling systems, compressed air, manufacturing processes, and data analysts.
- Direct and effective communication with clients, subcontractors and suppliers within the industrial sector.
- Assist in the development and creation of project schedules, and coordinate with various team members in order to achieve set goals and objectives.
- Ensure that projects are kept on track and possessing the ability to both micromanage and foresee the entire project as a whole.
- Establishing performance targets for utilities and energy (EnPIs).
- Identifying data and metering gaps to finalise energy metrics.
- Analyse data and conduct energy audits to find opportunities for efficiency and decarbonisation projects and be able to evaluate and assign action plans within the Register of Opportunities (ROO).
- Research into innovative energy-saving solutions.
- Coordinate the work flow from conceptual design activities to project execution and closure.
- Collaboration with the discipline leads to developing an agreed-upon scope of services for subcontractors & suppliers.
- Supporting the Management of Energy Efficiency projects incl. assigning, scheduling, communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, reviewing job expectations and ensuring that policies and procedures are followed.
- Manage relationships with key client stakeholders and relevant subcontractors and equipment suppliers.
- Support the sourcing and securing of Mechanical and Electrical contractors and others to best utilise project resources.
- Building project schedules: contribute information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; coordinate internal activities and sub-contractor actions with relevant teams; schedule installations which include maintaining productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends; determine system improvements; implement change.
- Lead in continuous improvements for the project.
- Report to management and key stakeholders on project performance including commercial reporting.
- Level 8 Degree or higher in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- At least 4 years of Commercial & Tendering experience.
- Experience working in a project environment.
- Experience in coordinating and supervising mechanical and electrical works onsite, issuing permits prioritising/decision making.
- Great understanding of Metering and instrumentation.
- Good knowledge of Steam Systems, LPHW Systems, HVAC systems, Control systems, Chilling systems, Compressed air systems, Water/wastewater, Solar.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office, Project, AutoCAD, etc.
- Understanding of Project EHS requirements.
- A future focus and the flexibility to adapt to change.
- Be a self-starter, resilient and highly motivated.
- Be capable of dealing effectively with conflicting priorities and tactfully deal with challenging matters that arise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
These would be an advantage to have:
- Additional certifications, such as CEM, CMVP, SEAI Certified Auditor.
Our client offers great benefits such as: Pension, Life Assurance, Sick Pay, Private Medical Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme and more.
Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org