Quality Manager – Electronics – required by growing IoT multinational in Co. Wexford.
Reporting to the MD & working alongside other senior managers, you will oversee the Quality Management System, manage supplier quality, Design Verification Testing, Production Verification Testing, qualify components and Lead & Manage the Quality Assurance team.
An ideal candidate should have a background in electronics and knowledge of IPC standards and quality management systems such as ISO 9001 and ISO 13485.
Lead and Manage the Quality Assurance team of 5 members
Manage the Quality Management System to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations, including IPC-A-610, ISO 9001 and ISO 13485
Investigate and resolve customer complaints and returns to ensure customer satisfaction
Collaborate with suppliers to establish quality standards and manage supplier quality performance
Conduct DVT and PVT to ensure that products meet quality and performance requirements
Contribute to failure investigations and root cause analysis and lead the team in creating 8D reports
Qualify alternative components and collaborate with the design team to determine the required actions
Lead supplier visits and audits in the Asia
Identify areas for process improvement and implement corrective actions to improve product quality
Monitor and analyze quality performance data and report on trends to management
Develop and implement training programs to enhance the quality culture and knowledge of the Quality Assurance team
Manage the internal audit program to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quality assurance and/or management in electronic manufacturing
- Knowledge of IPC standards, including IPC-A-610, and experience in failure analysis and root cause analysis
- Interest in Quality Processes and Continuous Improvement
- Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage and develop a team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and with customers
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel to Asia for supplier visits