R&D Project Manager with NPI experience required by market leading medical devices multinational to manage cross-functional engineering projects.
- Achieve on-time delivery project performance objectives.
- Conduct project on time delivery meetings.
- Manage project scheduling and gap closure requirements.
- Achieve scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Audit baseline project schedules for all projects.
- Hold core teams accountable to schedule and deliverables.
- Provide input into capital expenditures and project/dept. budgets.
- Track lessons learned and manage best practices.
- Participate in and lead as required Phase Gate Reviews.
- Insure compliance with Product Lifecycle tools and procedures.
- Manage resource planning and staffing activities for specific projects.
- Insure accurate time tracking on projects as required.
- Maintain accurate project data reporting and insure accurate data report outs.
- Resolve project conflicts and establish escalation path on all projects.
- Report out on project status as needed.
- Insure project closeout meetings and post launch reviews are conducted.
- Meet all established project deadlines.
- Facilitate the resolution of project issues by team members.
- Drive compliance and remove barriers to achieve strategic initiatives.
- Ensure compliance to PMO processes, procedures, and use of PMO templates.
- Regularly keep management informed of risks, issues, and status of on-going projects.
- Understand and comply with quality system and business practices.
- Manage programs consisting of multiple projects.
- Work with functional managers as needed to meet project objectives.
- BSc. in a relate discipline.
- 5+ years Project / Program Management experience.
- Experience in the matrix management of a project team.
- Formal Project management training required.
- New product introduction experience for devices required.
- Demonstrated ability in managing systems and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Experience in managing local and global teams.
- Experience in Product/Project Lifecycle implementation.
- Basic knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and component or assembly design principles required.
- Some travel required.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence