R&D Software Engineer required for key role in Dublin in developing & supporting next generation medical equipment.
You will guide and mentor other Engineers, work collaboratively and in a systematic fashion with other Engineering functions (e.g., Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware, System Integration, Biochemistry) to deliver high-end innovative product solutions at pace. The role involves working on a wide range of diverse cross-functional projects related to support front-end and real-time innovative software solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant technical discipline (Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic)
- 3+ years’ relevant engineering experience in a high performing R&D team
Proven experience in the design and development of high-quality software solutions
Strong programming and architectural skills – with ideally 2 of the following (C, C#, C++)
Experience with design and implementation of real-time systems over CAN Open or another protocol
Ability to translate customer needs and design input requirements into detailed architecture and design specifications
Ability to integrate software with different technologies (Fluidic sensing, electronics, motion control, and vision)
Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all deliverables (Agile, SCRUM, GDP etc.)
Participate in the development of testing strategies for all software releases (including unit testing and code reviews)
Someone who can problem solve to a solution, with a structured analytical approach
- High paced individual who is eager and passionate in developing and delivering solutions in close collaboration with key stakeholders
- An excellent team player who knows how to work in a team environment
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal skills