Machinery Safety Specialist with 5+ years experience in a Safety Engineering role within a design / manufacturing environment by multinational in Co. Kerry.
You will create Risk Assessments in accordance with the European Machinery Directive & Lead Risk Assessment team meetings.
Only candidates who hold full working rights in Ireland or the European Union without sponsorship from an employer will be considered at this stage.
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Functional safety Engineering or similar discipline.
- Third level qualification in Health & Safety
- Qualification as a Certified Machinery Safety Expert (CMSE) and/or Certified Expert in Functional Safety (CEFS)
- 5+ years’ experience within a design / manufacturing environment required
- Knowledge of applicable European Directives relating to machinery and familiarity with associated international standards.
- Competent to coordinate a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to interpret safety requirements and specify risk reductions.
- Proactive, takes initiative with analytical thinking and assertiveness.
- Excellent problem solver who achieves optimum solutions that are compliant with regulation and aligned with business goals.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong communicator and influencer with experience of communicating at all levels within an organisation.
- Generate risk assessments in accordance with the European Machinery Directive using a specialised Machine Safety software solutions.
- Lead risk assessment team meetings.
- Inspect and apply type C and other relevant standards in the risk assessment, where applicable.
- Suggest and document risk reductions for safety requirements identified, as part of the risk assessment process.
- Contribute to development of safety concepts with design departments.
- Collaborate with design departments with interpretation and application of international standards.
- Support design departments for development of client’s Standards and guidelines.
- Identify required safety functions for the safety related part of the control system (SRP/CS).
- Work with electrical design to develop safety requirements specifications (SRS) for safety functions.
- Collaborate with design, quality and installation department for verification of risk reductions.
- Liaise with technical documentation department to apply risk assessment outputs to instructions for use.
- Preparation of EU declaration on conformity for our client’s products.
Our client offers competitive salary, pension scheme, training and development opportunities, subsidised canteen, retailer discounts, cycle to work scheme and more.
Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org