Electrical Reliability Engineer with a background in Electrical / Electronic / Electro-mechanical engineering and project management, required by IoT multinational in Galway.
This role will involve driving reliability and cost improvements through root cause analysis, design and innovation on equipment as part of a team both locally and internationally.
- Manage Electrical/Electronic engineering projects on client’s products that will meet and exceed reliability and productivity requirements.
- Apply 6-Sigma tools and techniques to problem solving.
- Collaborate with Service, Quality and Warranty teams to understand failure modes (involving analysis of returned parts and field unit’s data).
- Knowledge and ability to work within a controlled Project Management Process to coordinate strict deadlines.
- Co-ordination of any required regulatory testing of Electrical / Electronic solutions at external agencies as required per regulatory standards.
- Co-ordinate where necessary on project efforts across non-engineering functions.
- Collaborate with Procurement, Manufacturing, Quality, Aftermarket and Service to implement improvements.
- Act as a change agent, thinking “out of the box” to implement the design improvements.
- Collaborate with Controls and Software Development groups when needed.
- Develop and manage electrical supplier partnerships working closely to develop and deliver solutions.
- Degree or Masters in an Electrical/Electronic, Electro-Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Project Management experience.
- Proficiency in Electronics design.
- Knowledge of relevant electrical safety standards and protocols.
- Previous experience in other related areas, such as Reliability Engineering, DFMEA, 6 Sigma, vibration/contamination protection validation, EMC would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in Induction Motor and Permanent Magnet Generator technology an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of control systems and software testing and debug an advantage.
- Prior Experience of component qualification programs and new product development in an automotive/ machinery environment an advantage.
This position has been designated as HYBRID.
Applicants must be available to work ON-SITE a minimum of 3 days per week.