Science Manager required to lead, grow and manage research team for growing medical device company in Galway.
The successful professional will responsible for leading a diverse team covering a wide range of subject area expertise and ensuring that our client’s products maintain leadership position within the medical device space, and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders ensures that the group’s outputs in terms of new product development, intellectual property and product support meet the required timelines.
- Masters or Ph.D. in the Life Sciences.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in the Research/Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Device industry.
- At least 5+ years of experience in a similar/related role is essential.
- Strong background from a development perspective in the application of ISO 13485, MDD, GLP etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and grow a research team.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and communication skills.
Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Good knowledge of medical devices industry.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic: Highly self-motivated, self-driven, and an ability to multitask whilst maintaining agility.
- Resource management.
- Generation of new device concepts with the broader R&D team.
- Leading and guiding the creation of prototypes to test new concepts.
- Management of individual performance and development of direct reports.
- Management of Internal and External Partnerships, e.g., program management, medical affairs, commercial, regulatory affairs, external industrial collaborators, and academic collaborators.
- Management of externally funded research programs, e.g., H2020 etc.
- Execution of the publication strategy.
- Any additional duties as assigned by the Associate Director R&D Science and Emerging technologies.
This position will require the successful candidate to travel occasionally.