Senior Automation Engineer is required to work on complex electromechanical systems by global leading medical technology client in Dublin.
You will be part of a multicultural, dynamic team of engineers in a collaborative environment where you will be a key contributor to the design, maintenance and technical support of control systems for our client’s manufacturing equipment.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert of control systems for complex electromechanical analysers / systems.
- Work across multiple technologies and disciplines integrating fluidics, electronics, optics and software.
- Define characterisation studies / DOE’s for subsystems and analysers to understand error budget using design for six sigma and statistical based techniques.
- Act as the interface between the hardware & software teams to coordinate integration of solutions into the analyser architecture.
- Be responsible for functional specifications which enable the wider Engineering team to understand the detailed design of the analyser.
- Driving Investigations, segment, and root cause issues down to component level utilizing the multi functional team.
- Write bespoke scripts for controlling subsystems within the analyser (State Machine Diagrams, etc.)
- Mentor and guide the wider Engineering team on control system best practices.
- Level 8 Degree or higher in Electronics / Software / Electrical / Mechatronic or similar discipline.
- At least 8+ years’ experience in automation and control systems engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of control system engineering in the automation and overall operation of complex electromechanical systems.
- Highly competent with software applications, including scripting (Python, Perl, VBA or other languages).]
- Competent with computer operating systems; hardware and software.
- A Natural leader who can work in a cross functional high performing engineering team.
- Eager and passionate to understand both business and user needs in driving solutions.
- Comfortable working across multiple functional boundaries to deliver the desired outcome.
- Takes ownership, accountability, and responsibility with a proven track record in delivering solutions at pace.
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal skills are required.
Our client offers great work benefits such as Bonus scheme, Life assurance, subsidised canteen, parking and more.
Please send your CV in confidence to email@example.com