Senior SQL Database Administrator with 5+ years DBA experience in a low latency transactional environment, required by dynamic IoT multinational in Co. Galway.
Joining a local and global team, you will be responsible for supporting both development and production databases within a busy business operation. You will provide strategic leadership, manage capacity planning, monitoring, auditing, database/application performance optimization.
This is a key role within the organisation and offers, hybrid working, a competitive basic salary,
full family health cover, pension, 25 days annual leave, 10% target bonus & educational assistance etc.
- Relevant technical Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar discipline
- At minimum of 5 years of DBA experience in a low latency environment
- Experience supporting both development and production databases
- Very competent and experienced in replication, disaster recovery, high-availability clusters, backup etc.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a MS SQL Database Developer role with proficiency in writing T-SQL and Stored Procedure.
- Proficient at analysing Information.
- Excellent SQL Server database administration & development skills including T-SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Experience in SSRS, SSIS or SSAS an advantage.
- Familiarity with Java is a plus.
- Software Design, Debugging, Documentation, Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Development Fundamentals, Development Process and Requirements.
- Excellent database design and analysis skills and data analysis experience.
- Exclusively responsible for Installing and maintaining MS SQL servers running latest edition in an enterprise level production environment.
- Provide daily DBA operational support and strategic leadership.
- Capacity planning, monitoring, auditing, database/application performance optimization.
- Planning backup and recovery of databases.
- Design, Develop, Test, Debug and deliver new products and features based on Microsoft SQL technologies.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Configuring, deploying and maintaining database servers.
- Proactively suggest/implement database and application patches, new releases and take leadership role in future system design and direction.
- Develop, update and apply procedures supporting company’s data security and integrity policies and regulations.
Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org