Senior Electronic Design Engineer required by innovative IoT company in Dublin. Working with a collaborative team of experienced engineers, you will get the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or a related technical field
- 8+ years experience in Electronic Design and Development
- Programming experience in C or C++ and the use of Python
- Knowledge and experience with CAD packages, such as Altium Designer, OrCAD, Eagle, Pulsonix and similar
- Experience with high speed PCB design, Digital design techniques and RF design
- Experience with DC-DC converters and battery powered designs for low power connected devices
- Demonstrated expertise in reading electronic schematics and data sheets for hardware components
- Strong understanding of embedded software development and experience with platforms such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi and ESP32
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded hardware target boards.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing procedures and Design for Manufacture principals.
- Proficient in the use of Test equipment to include Digital Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analysers, Logic Analysers, Electronic loads, Power meters, Multimeters.
- Excellent manual skills including SMD soldering and Electronic rework.
- Experience working and collaborating in global teams
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Research and development of embedded hardware designs for innovative IoT devices.
- Become expert in the use of Altium Designer to implement the companies designs.
- Work on test and validation of prototype hardware designs to validate the designs, including building and testing prototype boards.
- Working closely with the Supply chain team to support device manufacturing in EMS facilities.
- Be responsible for system architecture designs and be capable of presenting these internally and externally.
- Perform hardware design reviews and actively participate in customer requirements reviews.
- Work with wireless technologies like Bluetooth (BLE), LoRa, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, NBIoT, CAT-M and wired interfacing systems such as UART, MODBUS, RS485, RS232 along with SPI, I2C and other inter-board systems.
- Following industry-standard processes and procedures
- Collaborating with other engineering teams
- Work with verification team in the specification and execution of tests to characterise and specify the system response of our designs, to include reporting and collating design and test reports where needed.