Principal Hardware Engineer with experience in medical devices engineering required for key role with growing medical devices scale-up in Galway. Reporting to the CTO, you will lead all development and sustaining work across the electronics, mechanical, material and packaging disciplines & will be responsible for maintaining products through their product lifecycle in existing markets, as well as supporting new product or market entries.
- In conjunction with the CTO, propose, agree within the business and execute planned development activity for both new and current products / enhancements / cost reduction activity
- Work closely with the Software Lead and the Director of Strategic Projects to meet project deadlines and manage delivery by third party vendors
- Act as the interface between the R&D team and Manufacturing/Operations to ensure seamless transfer of newly developed products and product revisions from the development environment
- Lead the product handover for any new products from R&D to manufacturing
- Responsible for the maintenance of and sustaining our products through the full product lifecycle
- Support any changes to the manufacturing process as a result of product changes
- Support Operations in the identification, assessment and utilisation of new technologies
- Assist with pre-production activities including design validations and FMEA’s
- Work in compliance with the Quality Management System and New Product Development Processes
- Third Level Degree in Engineering, ideally Electronic Engineering or Bio-Medical
- Strong electronic engineering capabilities
- An appreciation for other engineering disciplines i.e. mechanical, packaging etc.
- A solid understanding of the manufacturing process
- You will have a significant amount of experience in medical devices
- Experience in bio-medical engineering including device design, design for manufacture, regulatory requirements etc.
- Experience in doing root cause analysis work, product testing, debugging etc.
- Enjoy problem solving and suggesting product and process improvements
- Excellent team player
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to personal growth and learning
- Results orientated and a self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative