Senior Embedded Hardware Engineer required for designing and developing hardware components in close collaboration with a team of Software Engineers, to ensure the final product operates seamlessly by IoT multinational in Galway.
- Designing and building new hardware.
- Research and development of embedded hardware designs for innovative IoT devices.
- Work on test and validation of prototype hardware designs to validate the designs, including building and testing prototype boards.
- Work with wireless technologies like Bluetooth (BLE), LoRa, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, NBIoT, CAT-M and wired interfacing systems such as UART, MODBUS, RS485, RS232 along with SPI, I2C and other inter-board systems.
- Recommending new hardware designs.
- Performing tests of new hardware and software.
- Troubleshooting and debugging performance issues.
- Providing technical support for hardware issues.
- Following industry-standard processes and procedures.
- Collaborating with other engineering teams.
- Master’s Degree in Automatics and Robotics or similar.
- 15 years + experience in Hardware Engineering.
- Excellent understanding of electronics.
- Proficiency in Altium Designer.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanics.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing procedure.
- Excellent manual skills including SMD soldering and Electronic rework.
- Extensive knowledge of electronic devices.
- Ability to multi-task, plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, team player.