Senior Embedded BIOS Engineer with strong Embedded C & BIOS experience required for key role in Dublin. To be considered for the role, you need experience with BIOS, UEFI driver development, open source software (Coreboot / Linuxboot) and large system debug. You will be exposed to full software development life cycle from requirements planning and analysis to design and development, test and support, using best in class development processes. You must be able to understand customer requirements, work as part of a team and solve problems which require hardware understanding.
- Degree in Electronics Engineering / Software Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in an Embedded Software design role
- Strong experience with C programming
- Experience with real-time software
- Experience of one of the major BIOS code bases (AMI, Phoenix, Insyde)
- UEFI Driver development experience
- X86 hardware, platform and architecture knowledge
- Experience of open source firmware such as Coreboot, Linuxboot
- Working knowledge with payloads and bootloaders such as TianoCore, Grub, UBoot
- Large systems debug experience
- Strong problem solving skills essential.
- Good organizational and written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (English) with the ability to respond quickly to customers and stakeholders
Please contact Emer Smith to discuss in confidence