Senior Embedded Software Engineer 10+years experience required to lead our IoT client’s growing engineering team in Dublin.
In this role, you will work on design and development of IoT solutions for use in multiple sectors in global markets.
You will take a lead role in defining the architectures, tools and MCU’s that are implemented in customer projects and internal company’s products and will be involved in mentoring new engineers and take a lead role in the technical delivery of the projects you are assigned to.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or a related technical field.
- 10+ years of related industry experience.
- Experience in Embedded Software Development.
- Solid programming experience in C or C++
- Proficient with Python programming.
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems.
- Adequate knowledge of reading electronic schematics and data sheets for hardware components.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with pre-emptive multitasking and real-time operating systems.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded hardware target boards.
- Familiarity with MCU’s such as STM32, SAME70 and ESP32 and its associated IDF.
- Ability to work autonomously and in teams.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience working and collaborating in global teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner.
- Provide with Architect software solutions for implementing custom systems according to customer and company’s requirements.
- Be a Technical Lead in the development of embedded software implementations for customer and internal programs.
- Analyse and enhance the efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources for MCU’s operating in constrained environments.
- Be an expert in the area of Firmware and Embedded Software for use in connected embedded systems including development of cyber security systems, secure provisioning systems and FOTA capability.
- Work closely with Cloud integration teams to ensure data integrity to company’s and customer cloud implementations is achieved.
- Work closely with the Hardware design team to ensure that that firmware integrates well into custom designed hardware and that the hardware-firmware ‘system’ is stable and can achieve its required functionality.
- Work on development of test and validation systems to support functional and factory verification and testing.
- Provide post production support when necessary.
- Perform code reviews and actively participate in design reviews.
- Work with wireless technologies like Bluetooth, LoRa, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, NBIoT, CAT-M and other.
- Work with software tools for development and debugging such as JTAG and UART interfaces.