Senior Embedded Software Engineer required for permanent role with market-leading medical devices multinational in Co. Limerick.
The successful candidate will work with a cross-functional team of hardware, software and mechanical engineers on design and manufacture to develop robust, sustainable products. Working in collaboration with clinical users & other engineers, you will take requirements & design software to meet these needs. Taking into account system characteristics your design will ensure optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability. You will conduct software evaluation and testing, provide a test plan for for validating a new implementation by other team members and provide the appropriate technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software.
- Relevant Third Level Degree
- Strong C/C++ skills and software design for the embedded multi-threading and multi-processor applications
- Strong experience in the device driver development on microcontrollers
- Strong knowledge in the software-hardware interface, digital electronic logics, System On Chip (SOC) of the common communication interfaces such as RS232, RS485, USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, etc., and System On Chip (SOC) programming
- Strong experience in the JTAG based debugging
- Strong knowledge in Real Time Operating system
Please take a look at our website for information on other embedded design roles
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence