Senior Human Factors Engineer – Limerick
A global leader in Medical Devices is seeking a Human Factors Engineer to join their team to work with cross functional teams.
- Apply creative problem-solving strategies and techniques to get innovative and disruptive ideas.
- Create the best possible product or service for our customers by finding the optimal position between customers’ needs, business constraints, and technical capabilities.
- Communicate empathetically with the customer to find the best-possible solution.
- Apply FDA Human Factors Engineering processes to determine customer needs and requirements for medical devices and software.
- Deliver task analyses, wireframes, user error analysis, and develop success criteria, analyze results, and provide recommendations.
- Collaborate closely with multiple teams to define detailed designs that meet customer needs.
- Plan and execute methodologically sound usability testing, data analysis, results documentation and presentations following the FDA guidelines.
- Facilitate and complete use error analyses, user interface specifications, and various FDA-specified documents to understand business goals.
- Lead brainstorming sessions.
- Teach human factors processes and understanding to cross-functional project teams.
- Develop human factors based product growth strategies and long-term roadmaps.
- BSc. in Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, Usability Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, Industrial Design, Engineering Psychology or equivalent.
- 10+ years of professional UX/HFE experience in developing software and/or hardware
- Demonstrated track record of success analzying user needs through contextual research, usability testing, and other validation methods.
- Experience mentoring human factors engineers and cross-functional teams.
- Experience in healthcare and FDA experience in software design and development.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence