Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Galway
Senior Manufacturing Engineer required by a global leader in Medical Devices based in Galway. You will lead improvement processes as a key member of the operations support team.
- Work to build a continuous improvement environment.
- Support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes.
- Lead a dedicated group of engineers and technicians.
- Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
- Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Maintain compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies.
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction.
- Manages external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Identify and implement short- and long-term cost reduction and improvement initiatives.
- Oversee and drive validation activities.
- BSc. in Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a high-volume demanding production environment.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems.
- Ability to lead a focused production / technical problem-solving team.
- Working knowledge of six sigma or lean engineering principles.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make and implement decisions.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Emer Moore in confidence