Senior Materials Engineer with industry experience required by innovative medical devices multinational in Galway city.
- Establishing experiments to understand performance effects from metallic material properties.
- Advancement of existing electroforming processes.
- Development and critique of DOE’s and validation plans.
- Identification and control of the input variables.
- Work as part of a team around the development of joining processes.
- Analysis and investigation to determine reasons for performance outcomes.
- Leading problem solving initiatives to establish root cause.
- Responsible for reporting on/validating solutions identified.
- Responsible for project management own material projects.
- Maintains Project Technical files to comply with Medical Quality standards.
- Bsc. in Materials Engineering or Metallurgy.
- 5+ years experience in a Medical Process Development or Manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with use of SEM, XRD, XRF, ESD. EBSD, FIB and DSC equipment and techniques.
- Familiar with material characterisation techniques and metallic material failure mechanisms.
- Fully conversant with properties of metallic materials.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to present ideas and concepts clearly.
Knowledge of additive and metal electroforming processes advantageous.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Emer Smith to discuss in confidence