Senior Mechanical Engineer required by market leading medtech multinational in North Dublin for the design of highly innovative medical devices for global markets
- Bachelor’s Degree (Level 8) in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation or similar.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Excellent experience in CAD modelling, an understanding of GD&T and tolerance stack ups.
- Highly competent in Mechanical / Electromechanical / systems design skills for both products and manufacturing fixtures.
- Very Strong Mechanical / Electromechanical / systems design skills for both products and manufacturing fixtures
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal skills are required
- Knowledge of simulation packages (CFD, FEA etc.) to enable accurate modelling and characterisation in accelerating design maturity to deliver reliable robust solutions.
- Knowledge of GD&T and applicable standards.
- Practical experience of supplier or manufacturing fabrication processes (e.g. moulding, machining, casting, coating)
- Knowledge of material properties to support design choices.
- Control systems engineering knowledge (Tuning motors, PID control, etc.)
- Experience of the Machinery Directive, CE Marking and other relevant safety standards.
- Act as a leader in mechanical system design solutions to improve product performance and reliability including all verification and validation activities.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to other Engineers in the team.
- Support initiatives from design through to maturation of product and process. Familiar with Product Lifecycle Management control systems for configuration control.
- Integrate electromechanical sub-assemblies into complex systems which may include fluidics, optics, sensing, electronics and software elements
- Be a problem solver with a structured analytical approach
Our client offers great work benefits such as Bonus, Pension, Family Health cover, Life assurance, subsidised canteen, parking and more.
Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org