Senior PLC Software Controls Engineer required by successful multinational in Co. Kerry.
Joining an experienced team, you will be responsible for the design and supporting windows-based applications.
You will get the opportunity to work on exciting projects & work on a hybrid basis (2 days from home after probation).
Several roles – Hiring at Graduate, Junior, Intermediate & Senior level.
- Level 7 Degree or higher in Mechatronics, Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience with full life cycle (design, development, deployment & support) of large-scale control systems utilizing ABB PLC programming (i.e., ABB Automation builder) or equivalent PLC platform
- Software development lifecycle experience – design and code reviews, version control, issue tracking systems (i.e., Jira) and use of Confluence or similar wiki system
- Exposure to .net software development
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys
- Experience working with PLC/DCS systems in an object orientated fashion
- Experience with PLC bus systems (Profinet/Profibus/CAN bus/Modbus etc.)
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the PLC control and understanding of Performance Levels
- Experience and good understanding of IP industrial networking and system communications
- SCADA systems application/development
- Work as necessary in the heavy machinery environment
- Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing)
- Willingness to travel internationally on occasion
- Develop and integrate software solutions
- Liaise with mechanical, electrical and other design disciplines to design and develop software elements of the control systems
- Liaise with Testing, Commissioning and Service departments to ensure a successful project launch
- Support sales department on project tenders, technical issues, and training
- Analyse client’s problems or requirements as presented by the sales team
- Identify and evaluate potential technical solutions
- Evaluate development and system costs and identify commercial advantages / risks
- Participate in risk assessments to ensure new features comply with safety standards