Senior Product Development Engineer – Galway
An exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to join a market leading multinational based in Galway. You will drive New Product Introduction through all development phases.
- Ability to read, interpret and implement requirements per detailed customer product specifications.
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems for thermal sensing products.
- Create drawings and project documentation according internal & external orders.
- Ability to create new ideas and provide innovative solutions.
- Work with manufacturing team to prepare detail costing.
- Control and assist in the production of prototype orders.
- Generation of manufacturing sheets and MRP setups for new product release.
- BSc. in Electronic, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience as product development engineer in a related industry.
- Knowledge of thermal sensing technology/related sensor products.
- Experience with Design FMEA, Design Validation Testing and Process FMEA for Product Development.
- Design of electromechanical sensor assemblies.
- Experienced in Design for Manufacture and Lean product development.
- Design experience of assemblies using SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of TS16949 and ISO26262
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills.
- Product development experience in Medical, Aerospace or Automotive advantageous.
- Some travel required.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence