Senior R&D Engineer – Galway
A market leading Medical Device multinational is seeking an experienced R&D Engineer to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in leading device development teams.
- Lead the team tasked with the development process from concept to design verification.
- Assist in the development of intellectual property.
- Ensure the application of new and existing technologies.
- Participate in trials to provide clinically relevant feedback on product designs.
- Support the maintenance of product files and other relevant documentation.
- Compile project plans and lead team to develop devices.
- BSc. in Engineering, Science or equivalent.
- 5 – 8 year’s industry experience in a medical product development.
- Experience of coordinating and leading Design Reviews.
- Leading the team to carry out actions in accordance with the project plan and delivery.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 & FDA 21 CFR Part 820 Design Control requirements.
- Proven experience of minimally invasive Medical Device design, development and manufacturing.
- Proven experience in leading teams performing FMEA’s, verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes.
- Proven experience of work with catheter technology, design, testing and manufacturing.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE, SPC, and using Minitab.
- 3D modelling experience.
- Working knowledge of biocompatible metal or polymer materials.
- Occasional travel required.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence