Senior R&D Engineer is required for leading the development of new medical devices by world leading health technology client in Waterford.
The successful professional will lead in all aspects of Research and Development in a multi-functional international team through the new product introduction process taking projects from concept to product launch.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Materials Science, Chemical engineering, Biomedical engineering, Physics, Computer science or similar.
- At least 5 years+ experience in Research and Development of medical devices or related products.
- Extensive knowledge of materials science and polymer chemistry an advantage.
- Familar with FDA regulations and ISO standards related to medical device development.
- Experience with experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Be a highly analytical and a problem solver with attention to detail.
- Manage compliance of team members to complete assigned tasks and responsibilities, including design control, speed to market expectations, PDP process, project schedules, budgets, CERs etc.
- Lead research and development activities to support new product development and improvement of existing products.
- Initiates and maintains all project management documentation and plans this includes ensuring project milestones are met, global implementation and ongoing management of the manufacturing strategy is generated and followed.
- Leads the Design and conduct experiments to evaluate the performance of medical devices, including material properties, mechanical properties, and wearability.
- Analyse experimental data and provide insights and recommendations for product improvement.
- Stay current with industry trends and developments in medical device technology and contribute to the intellectual property portfolio of the company.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work on cutting-edge medical device technology at a leading company in the industry and opportunity for international travel.
Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.