Senior R&D Engineer – Leitrim
A market leading medical device organisation are seeking an experienced Development Engineer with proven experience in medical device products and manufacturing processes to join their team.
- Generation of product & tooling drawings to support quotations, prototyping and process development.
- Product and process concept generation, presentation, prototyping and development.
- Providing technical support to the sales and marketing team.
- Creating assembly & project quotations and communicate effectively with customers.
- Dealing with customer enquiries with clear communication.
- Development of products, processes and equipment, to develop new products from concept to design freeze.
- Project manage all developments to ensure that all commitments are achieved.
- Ensure full compliance with all Quality, Regulatory, Health and Safety and other relevant legislation.
- Ensure full and effective transfer of new products after design freeze to manufacturing areas.
- Provide comprehensive training to production, quality and technical staff to ensure a smooth production start including validations and records.
- Constantly review development processes to ensure they are effective and compliant.
- Ensure Lean GROWTTH principles are followed especially 3P, 5S, DMAIC and 6 sigma.
- Provide effective internal and external reporting.
- Ensure the R&D centre is fully equipped and maintained in excellent order.
- Motivate the development team and ensure effective use of resources.
- Train and develop associate engineers and other technical staff.
- Provide assistance and support to other departments.
- Participate in CAPA, Audit, Validation, MRB/NCMR activities if required.
- BSc. in Engineering or Science, preferably in Mechanical or Biomedical.
- 6 years experience in a Medical Devices environment with knowledge of medical device products and manufacturing processes, in particular with extrusion-based catheter assemblies.
- Design capability with CAD systems (Solid Edge).
- Ability to work as part of a team in a “lean” systems environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Mary-Ann Keena to learn more
+353 (0) 83 0220666